Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.:wave:

I have been a bit of an audio maverick all my life. Back in the 70s when my friends were buying modestly priced high volume brands (Pioneer, Sansui, JBL, etc.) I would same my milk money and buy more higher end brands (Tandberg, ADS, B&O, etc.). Not that there is anything wrong with volume brands, but I did take heat for spending $1k on a receiver.

The other thing about me is that I never throw anything audio or video away. I still have and use my original receiver and speakers that I bought in 1978. I also have collected a good deal of vinyl over the years that I still listen to.

Back in the early 90s I added Dolby Pro Logic to my 2-channel system which has now evolved to the full 7.1 system it is today. The pieces were added bit by bit as I could afford.

So here I am chasing the ever elusive flat bass response out of my subwoofer.

Today I frequent sites like AVS and AudioKarma along with my other hobbies.

I like to listen to my analog LPs in multi channel surround mode on my Lexicon.
I'm currently digitizing my LPs to store on a big media server along with all my photos, CDs and DVDs.
I like 70s Prog Rock.
I despise "formula" music.

These are just my opinions and anyone into audio is cool no matter what they listen to or what they listen to it on.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome resqguy. Have fun. Dennis

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there partner and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will find all you need, but if we can help, just holler... :T

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome, resguy! We'd love to hear about some of those oldies that you have floating around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts