Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all.... and thanks for the forum. I'm older now and started looking at Home Theater Surround Systems. I was hoping to make it a family christmas gift so I started shoping and :unbelievable:
"sticker shock!!". To say they are rather proud of their work is an understatement and no I haven't been
under a rock for the last 20 yrs or so. I new names like Bose were expensive but I did not know $1000 +
was min cost of a mid grade system.So here I am researching this subject , hoby , in an attempt to educate myself when I came across this forum. Well actually I knew I was going to need help getting up to speed
on this and a forum full of people who have the knowledge/experience and like to help people is what I "googled".
I have a 52" Samsung LCD (est 7 yrs old) in a 17.5' x 18' room , Home network with a pc connected to TV. Comcast cable and I want to add "surround sound" to this setup with additional features. I want to incorporate blue ray player, provide audio for our music needs in home theater room and also in garage. I may have to go with a system or components below desired performance levels to maintain harmony with
budget financials.
Thats enough for now, think I will go look at my TV , since I can barely here the dang thing with Samsung OE speakers....LOL Thanks again for the forum.
pbr333
:T

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the Shack......:wave:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard :wave:

Bose is expensive and in reality not very good at all. For that same $1000 you can get a much better system than what they offer.
Hope you will let us help you put together something great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts