Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum after lurking for a while. I came upon the forum from a link in another AV forum. I started out using the forums to make purchase decisions for my basement AV setup. After I completed that I started reading the DIY subwoofer forums with great intrest. I am now in the process of getting some ED drivers and amps for a 2 sonotube with dual 18" driver project. I thoroughly enjoy reading members posts and plan on using others members experience to my advantage. I'd love to help others out but unfortunately, i'm still a novice.
A quick breakdown of my stuff
Upstairs living room- Marantz 8001 AV receiver, DirectV HD receiver, Sony 200 disc changer, Panny BD55 BD player, Panny 50" PZ 750 plasma, Energy C-8's (fronts) Definitive CLR2000 (centre), Energy Bi-pole rears, SVS PC 13 ultra sub
Downstairs- Yamaha RXV3900 AV receiver, Emotiva XPA-5 amp, Swan Diva 6.2 fronts, 5.2 centre, and 5.2r rears, ps3 80G, Panny 58" PZ750 plasma, Subs- to be built and unleashed (see above). A dedicated BD player, Yamaha I-dock, and possible CD player are yet to be purchased. Talk to you all soon. Chris

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Chris,

I think you'll find the Shack is the DIY subwoofer HQ. Amazing builds here. You'll have a great time.

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome chris. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris....:wave:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the replies. Thank-you Mike for the PM. I was unaware of a local company. ED is supposed to ship my stuff this week so i should have it next week or shortly after. I will be starting a thread (mostly for help!) but want to wait until i'm actually started. This will not be a true DIY project (ED is cutting all my mdf for me). I will be responsible for assembly, wiring, and dressing it up. This will still be a large undertaking for me as i do not yet have any skills whatsoever in these departments. I look forward to everyone's help.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy do partner and welcome to the Shack!

Come on in and take ya hat off... stay awhile... :T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts