Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started following some forums a few weeks ago when I started upgrading my HT. I'm looking forward to learning more here. :eek:)
Dave

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Dave, Welcome to the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy davekro and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you enjoy your stay... :T

Sonnie

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome, Dave!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Glad to have you here, Dave. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I am creating a room diagram which I hope I can post to ask for input on choices to make on my HT upgrade, speaker placement and if any minimal WAF sound panels would enhance my HT.

Would I be able to upload the scanned in diagram from my Mac, or would I need to upload it to some hosting web site? I have not done that before, so any ideas on a good hosting site to use and anything special that might help me in that process would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Dave

Thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
We have our own hosting place for your photos in the Image shack, go here and select the "upload link" and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Upload to...

Tony

This is a PDF diagram (652 kb) I drew of my HT in my great room. I am hoping for suggestions from HT folks on speaker size and acceptable power to drive them in my large room. My first thought was to upload to 'Home Theater', but then I see 'Diagrams'. If I post to diagrams, will it be off in never never land, not in a thread I'd want to post in HT? I'm not sure how this forum is laid out yet. Actually, is there a gallery that members post their pictures to a list of their own photos? I would like to post this diagram as well as photos to a galley in my name. If it works that way.

Thanks, Dave
PS. What is the maximum file size for photos? I'm not sure how to make the files smaller. Might your hosting site automatically compress photos trying to upload, by chance? :eek:) Thanks again

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
All you do is upload it into diagrams and then once there right click on it and copy the image location and past it in the desired thread that you want to post it in using the insert image icon located right above the box where you type your reply. You will also see a "my photos" link and that will take you to all the photos you have uploaded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I got this message when trying to upload to the diagram site: "Sorry, davekro: Bad File - No File or File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type "

This was a 652 kb pdf file. Is it too large or the wrong MIME (?) type? I'll try again. :eek:)

Thanks

Update: re-tried with same result. :eek:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome to the Shack!

You'll find lots of very friendly and helpful folks!

Try converting the PDF to a Jpeg and try again?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts