Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out as a Home Cinema fan in the 1990's with a Yamaha DSP-A2070 amp, a Sony KL37 rear-projection LCD TV, B&W front speakers, Mission centre, 4 x Yamaha surround speakers and a REL Strata sub-bass. Input from a high-end Sony VCR and a Laser-Disc player.

I am now retired so my budget is severely restricted. When DTS became the norm, I replaced the Yamaha DSP-A2070 with a Harman Kardon receiver; the speakers were also replaced with Kef Eggs and the TV is now a Sony 54 inch LCD, upgraded 4 years ago.
I have kept the Yamaha and still toy with the idea of adding DTS using a kit, by Benedictus, for example.

Future plans are for a 65 inch OLED TV.

I am also a Hi-Fi fan and along with my B&W 805 Signature speakers and Roksan Xerxes X turntable I have a collection of amps, mostly tube amps including Audio Innovations and Leaks, and I am currently restoring a Onkyo M-504. Input also comes from my iPhone via a Blue-Tooth receiver and a Denon Cassette deck that rarely gets used.

Roger and out

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello and welcome Roger.

Your post put a smile on my face when you mentioned Denon Cassette deck as I was under impression like being the only one in the Universe still using my Technics RS-TR575 double deck. Apparently not.

Glad to hear that.

Cheers from Australia.
Zoran

1 - 2 of 2 Posts