Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm (obviously) new to this forum, but so far I am impressed with what I have seen.

I am a full time computer systems manager for an international financial firm. But I have a passion for music.

About a year ago, and friend and I started Alchemy Audio, Inc., a mobile recording company that specializes in very high quality multi-track location recording. We are still struggling to get started, but we have been lucky enough to record Little Feat in Jamaica. A pretty cool first gig.

My background started in electronics, both repair and eventually design work. I moved into computers about 15 years ago. But I am also an audio engineer with a passion for live music. I started doing sound reinforcement about 25 years ago, and have been at it ever since. I started this when I get sick of the "real world", and found that I had a knack for it. I had some good offers with name acts, but when you don't want to travel anymore, it's hard to make a good living in the live music world. That's when I dropped back in and got into computers.

We have some very good, "specialized for recording" equipment, and we've been very pleased with our efforts so far. My friend and business partner works as a sound designer and composer for a well-known gaming company. So we have a wide variety of skills between us. And we get along. That always helps.

I am looking forward to gaining from everyone's knowledge here, and I hope I can help someone, also. Thanks, and please contact me if you think I can help.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you could have a lot to contribute judging from your background. Glad to have you here.

Darren

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Gary and welcome to the Shack!

I'd be interested in a copy of that Little Feat in Jamaica performance. :bigsmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts