Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member in the shack. I have been reading it for about a year. I guess I start a the begining....I am probably about Sonnies age, Have been a stereo geek for many, many years. About 1988 I bought a Adcom 555, a sony ES CD player and a set of freid speakers. The freid lasted about 3 months and then bought a pair of JBL L100T's. I still have all of it......the adcom is broken, the jbl's need new surrounds. To progress on, all the stereo stuff was moved to the shop when we started a family. I did buy a Hitachi big screen and a yamaha 5.1 with box speakers. I have been stuck with that for about 6 years. I did build a sub with dual 12,s to satisfy bass addiction. Moving on.....Finally I am getting started on my semi-dedicated HT room!!!!!! I really enjoy the willingness of members here to help so I hope to show the progress and hopefully not ask to many dumb questions. Not to ramble on to long....just want to say thanx for a wonderfull forum. Pugi

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Glad that you registered. The Adcom 555 was a classic. I actually used to own one myself. A MK 2 version.
After having a real system, we must get you out of that HTIB! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Cheers,
J

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard Pugi!

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, pugi. If you want to unload that broken Adcom amp, the output transistors are no longer available, so don't throw them out. At least one channel is likely good.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Pugi, Glad you could join in....:wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, pugi. If you want to unload that broken Adcom amp, the output transistors are no longer available, so don't throw them out. At least one channel is likely good.
I think it is the main board. A sad day for me some wires got crossed and it smoked pretty good. Live and learn. I need to send it away to someone qualified to work on it. Unfortunately I dont know of anyone. Pugi

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
We young guys appreciate that, Sonnie.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome pugi. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts