Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm a general gadget junkie but love A/V equipment. Also I am a master certified RTI programmer working in NY. My rig at home changes a lot because I test out new equipment all the time.

Right now the setup is as follows:

Display: Sony 46" Z series in brushed steel, Sharp LC-32D43U, Panni projector for outdoor use(hook up the wii and ps3 to it during BBQs)
Receiver: Marantz 5003
Speakers: FR, FL, RR, RL = Monitor Audio Radius 180 C= Monitor Audio Radius 225 Sub=Sunfire jr
Sources: Escient FP-1, URC PSX-2, PS3(for Blu-Ray and games), Wii, Roku Netflix, Time Warner Cable ( waiting for Fios on my block still), Security Camera DVR, Denon CD
Control and Remotes: RTI XP-8 processor, T3-V remote, T2-C remote, T2+ remote, U2 remote
misc: Panamax power conditioner and battery backup, 6channel amp (for zone 2 areas), & Lutron RadioRA lighting

I have a lot of fun with this equipment and I'm always excited to learn new things. If you have any questions for me, feel free to just ask away.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy Strype and welcome to the Shack!

Looking forward to seeing you around often... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi Strype, welcome to the Shack. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Nice to have you join us!

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Glad to have you in the Shack, Strype!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

My rig at home changes a lot because I test out new equipment all the time.
Do you test new equipment for fun or Do you get paid to do it??? ...Are you planning to post some reviews here??? :whistling:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

Do you test new equipment for fun or Do you get paid to do it??? ...Are you planning to post some reviews here??? :whistling:

Thanks everyone. First off I will try very hard to tame my language. I was in the Navy, on submarines, for 6 year so I unfortunately have a bit of a sailor mouth but will make an honest effort to not slip here.

As far as testing Equipment.... I work for a CI company in Manhattan as a Project Manager and Programmer. We always test new products in our own homes before we even think about offering to a client. We feel it's important to take things for test drive to make sure the equipment integrates well with the other equipment we typically use. Since there is new stuff to try all the time my equipment rack is an on going science project.

Yesterday I added to my system the new URC PSX-2 ipod dock. Since I have an RTI control system at my house, there is no 2way communication available yet, I'm more interested in how the on screen GUI looks ...as say compared to my Escient FP-1 ... especially since retail is ~1/2 the price.
As far as reviews, I'll leave that to those that feel they need to be an authority on that..... but when asked I'll be happy to give you my opinion based on my experience.

Thanks for the Welcome
-Strype

:bigsmile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts