Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just became a member after reading a hole lot of threds the past year. Been building my 2 channel hifi for some time now. And I?m looking for help tweekig it to even better sound without spending a hole lot of cash.

This Is my room. A dedicated room for music 90% and Movies 10%
The system is:

Squeezebox Touch
DSPeaker Antimode Dualcore 2.0
Unison Research Unico DM Pre amplifier and Power amplifier
Triangle Magellan Chello
2x Svs sb12nsd working from 40hz an down

Cables are home made all the way.

Acoustic treatment is Auralex and DIY absorbers and diffusors.

For the cinema part i use Pionner LX50, Triangle Genese Voce center speaker,2x B&W ds6 and 2xB&W 602s2
The PJ is an Epson w700 and the screen is 106 inches Dreamscrren Dynagrey V2 with automatic up and down.

The room is 470cm wide by 740cm long by 239cm from floor to ceeling. The room has cathedral ceiling. the walls are 120cm tall before the start to go inwards tovard the ceiling. The flat part of the roof is 180cm wide.

This is what it looks like and how it meassures.

Im really happy with this room, and it has been a drem for me for the last 10-12 years.

Thanx for looking in.
Best audio wishes from Peter/norway

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, have done some work in here to make it good for music playback, and still be ok to be in. I could have gone further with the acoustics, and I will do some work on the back wall, but I wouldn`t like to sit in an Ugly room... If you get the picture..

Thanx for looking in

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the Shack, Peter.That is one very nice setup you have! :T:T

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for welcoming me.. Impressive.

Hoping to get some more input and hopefully i can teach away something as well.

Im a hifi 2 channel basketcase..:yikes:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Welcome to HTS. :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Very nice room. I can tell a lot of thought, time and money has gone into its design and execution. Kudos to you sir.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, have spent some time setting up this room. probably about 250-300 hours. But it has been worth every minute. For I`m so happy with the result. It sound just the way I like it. Some of you might think it would sound a touch to "nice" or to soft since the sound is so dry with almost no flutter echo.

Every single absorber is messured and placed with the help of REW. So they have their function each one.

My hifi has been tested in one of the hifi/cimema magasins in Norway, with a great result. And the conclusions was. Compared to price this was probably the best sounding system the tester had heard. And he the question was, could you buy a system that sounded better for ant money, and place that in a normal room. Without any room treatment? Probably not.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.