Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered this forum and was intrigued by the Room EQ software and BFD Guide. I am anxious to give it a try.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there Kmott and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will find all you need, but if we can help, just holler... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Welcome Kmotte!

You might find them challenging in the beginning as many of us did, but the benefits will be great once you can master them :T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Here is my current setup:

JBL AV1 preamp (rebadged Lexicon MC-4)
JBL AVA7 amp (7 x 125w)

JBL Perfomance Series Speakers (7.2)
PT800 x 4 (front and sides:hsd:)
PC600 x 3 (center and rear)
PS 1400 x 2 (subwoofer)

Denon DVD-3910 (for SACD / DVD-A)
Toshiba HD-XA2 (for HD / DVD)
Panasonic BDMP-55 (Blu-ray)

I am interested in the new JBL BassQ, Has anyone here had any experience with it?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Glad you have you here. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

I read a lot of good things about the JBL Performance series ...I own some Venue and S series and love them :yes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay

Still trying to setup REW, I got impatient and entered the data manually. Hopefully the graph is attached. Not sure what it means yet or what to do about it, the whole "EQ" thing is new to me.
jbl rew graph.jpg

The graph shows the mains and subwoofers measured from tne listening positon with my Radio Shack SPL from 14 -300 Hz. The sub internal crossover to the mains is 130 Hz, The LFE input crossover is 80 Hz set at the preamp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am interested in the new JBL BassQ, Has anyone here had any experience with it?
I just joined today, as I am keen to learn more about REW. I have XTZ and a BassQ, and have made some measurements with it. Unfortunatley, it's posted at an alternative Forum that starts with A, ends with S and has a V in the middle. I look forward to posting such info here after I reach 5 posts as a newbie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome,

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the BassQ. I have the JBL AV1 and AVA7, trying to decide if the BassQ would improve things.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome,

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the BassQ. I have the JBL AV1 and AVA7, trying to decide if the BassQ would improve things.
Hi,

The key question is do you have 2 or more subs?

I posted my findings here. Am I correct that the AV1 has its own room EQ that works to tune the sub? If so, it will further smooth the BassQ results, as it has no EQ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alas, the AV1 has no EQ, yo're thinking of the next model up. As you can see below I am currently running two 14" subs crossed over to the mains at 130 HZ, It is a feature of the performance series so they operate more like one four-way speaker than subs, you can hook up either way but I am into multi channel music. I would love to have one or two HTPS 400's if I could find them used for the right price.

Here is my current setup:

JBL AV1 preamp (rebadged Lexicon MC-4)
JBL AVA7 amp (7 x 125w)

JBL Perfomance Series Speakers (7.2)
PT800 x 4 (front and sides)
PC600 x 3 (center and rear)
PS 1400 x 2 (subwoofer)

Denon DVD-3910 (for SACD / DVD-A)
Toshiba HD-XA2 (for HD / DVD)
Panasonic BDMP-55 (Blu-ray)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts