Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name's StereoPackRat, and I'm a stereo addict.

Actually, my name is Scott, but that's beside the point. Once, I was an innocent music lover. I got hooked on this hobby when I took a job in retail (the Good Guys!) in 1998, and learned that higher fidelity was a goal more approachable and more complicated than I had guessed. My passion is two-channel music reproduction, but I find video and multichannel to be quite interesting as well.

My career has led me to spend most of my time on custom installation. I currently work for a distributor specializing in the residential custom install industry.

I read The Absolute Sound, Playback, Stereophile, Home Theater, What HiFi, HiFi News, HiFi+, and some other rags when they have an article on something interesting. There's also the trades - CE Pro, Residential Systems...

I go to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest annually, it's like a visit to my happy place. I love the gear for it's own sake, but primarily as a link to music.

I don't believe there's a right or wrong choice between analog vs. digital, tube vs. solid state, sealed vs. ported, etc. If it works for you and you like the results, then that's fine with me. I do believe that while objective measurements are valuable tools, subjective judgements mean more to me in the end. If I can't see it or hear it, it doesn't matter - and, if I can see it or hear it, it matters.

I have a dangerous habit of accumulating audio equipment. Have you ever realized that you have another subwoofer packed away that you'd forgotten about? I've resolved to sell my "extras" sooner rather than let them gather dust!

I also occasionally write rambling emails :bigsmile:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Hello and welcome to the Shack!

We are certainly glad you joined in with us... :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Scott, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Welcome Scott! Enjoy the forums! :)

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi Scott, glad to have you here. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Scott, it's Nick.

To anyone just meeting Scott, he is an incredibly intelligent and kind individual, I have been proud to call him a friend for 11 years now. He is also a font of information on all kinds of audio esoterica so, feel free to tap him on the virtual shoulder with questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts