Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hello!

Tags
hello!
976 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  drdoan 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am a new member from Knoxville, TN. Kind of just getting in to home audio/video. I am still watching a 1999 36" Sony tube for my main display! :D So, since I don't like to do things halfway, I am building a dedicated HT/media room in the basement, with projector, 110" screen, seating, 5.1 surround, etc. LOL. An example of my toy acquiring madness: my 10 year old 42" Troy-Bilt lawn tractor has been on it's last leg for a year or so, and finally isn't worth fixing anymore. So, yesterday we ran around until I found a replacement - a 2009 BadBoy ZT2760 - a 27 HP Kohler with a 60" deck. Woot! So, I guess while I am not exactly an early adopter, I like to upgrade once to something that will last a long time. I hope my HT upgrades go the same way!

Anyway, I am a network nerd at my job, and have a good bit of telephone central office experience, so hopefully I can give some help for those here who are new to racking and wiring gear, etc. If I get a chance, maybe I will throw some pics up of some of the spaces I have worked in (data centers, COs, etc.)

#4 ·
Howdy Greg... Welcome to the Shack!

Nice mower! Wouldn't have any bahia grass up there would you? I cut between 7-10 acres weekly down here in lower Alabama, with a 61" Grasshopper powered by a 29HP Kuboto engine.

I am looking forward to seeing your HT room develop... I can only imagine it being very nice. :T

#7 ·
Thanks all! Looking forward to my stay here :) I hope the room comes out nice. I think if I take some input from the folks here, it will be great. I am also working on my garage mahal :laugh:

I don't think we have any/much bahia this far north. My lawn seems to be a mix of fescue, rye, bermuda, crabgrass, clover and anything else that will grow in Tennessee :p It still looks pretty good when it is just mowed though. I will be working on it some more this fall for sure. My wife is from AL, near Decatur BTW. You guys do have some beautiful lawns down there. Hopefully mine will be soon, too.

#6 ·
Hi Greg, Welcome aboard the Shack!

Look forward to seeing you around. Enjoy your stay.

#9 ·
Welcome Greg. Happy mowing. Have fun. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.