Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am definitely not an audio guru and need help setting up our new system. We purchased a yamaha V463 and speakers. I have the following to connect: Samsung HDTV, Time Warner HD cable, Wii, and an old DVD player (no HDMI). Also, I am a little confused about the YPAO - how do I get that to work? Please be specific because as I said, I am not very knowledgeable about how to set everything up. Thanks for all of your help!!

Nicole

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First of all Welcome to the forum...:wave:

I've been absent for a couple of weeks ...you're the lucky first post after forced vacations :bigsmile:

We purchased a yamaha V463 and speakers. I have the following to connect: Samsung HDTV, Time Warner HD cable, Wii, and an old DVD player (no HDMI). Also, I am a little confused about the YPAO - how do I get that to work? Please be specific because as I said, I am not very knowledgeable about how to set everything up.
Hopefully I can still help you :hide:

Did you make all the connections already??? ...if not, just post here and I will try to help you.

I own the Yamaha RXV-2700, to use YPAO, just connect the supplied microphone on the AVR, place it in a tripod (preferable) in the spot you want to measure, then go to the menu and start auto-calibration and follow the instructions....Good luck :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Wow, dont know why I missed this post:scratch: Sorry for the delay in responding.
Welcome to the Shack!

David has a Yamaha so he will be the best to guide you through the process of YAPO.

As far as connections You can connect the DVD player to the receiver with Component cables for video (Red, Green, Blue). FOr the audio optical or coax is the best choice.
For the Time Warner HD cable box There should be a HDMI output so use that to the Receiver and for the Wii it depends on what cable you have as there are several different adapters you can get for the Wii.
Use a HDMI cable from the receivers HDMI out to the TVs HDMI input and you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts