Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some serious help :) I've been looking at so many drivers that I think i'm overwhelmed now.

When choosing a driver for a sealed box, what should I be looking for? I figure a low Fs and Qts, correct? What are the most crucial specs? What about Xmax? I've seen some say large xmax also means the subs response isn't very linear. Trying to keep the box at 1 cubic foot or so.

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd also look for a low vas. What size woofer are you looking for? Do you have any budget constraints?
10" and would like to keep it under $250 (driver only)

Looking at CSS 10 SDX2

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll guess this is for music only?
Mostly. I live in a small condo so can't have a serious sub just yet. SQ is first concern. I'll also get an EQ for this setup to boost the lows.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
I don't think you'll find a better all around driver than the 10" from CSS. Go for it.
I agree with Phil. With XBL2, a recommended sealed enclosure size of 24 litres net with 16 oz of polyfill, and a shipped price of $155, it definitely meets your requirements.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think you'll find a better all around driver than the 10" from CSS. Go for it.
Ordered the CSS 10" sub the other day - and an EQ. Will take photos and post the project on the forum as I go along. Waiting for the Crown K1 amp which should arrive soon.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
OH boy . . . . . this is gonna be an exciting blend. a CSS driver pushed by a Crown K1!!! Can't wait to see you start the project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts