Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm thinking about choosing Dayton TIT400C-4 15" Titanic Mk III Subwoofer 4 Ohm for a subwoofer design that i am building. It takes an estimated 800 watts RMS/1,100 watts max and i am going to be powering it with a Dayton HPSA500 500W Subwoofer Amplifier or a Bash 500W Digital Subwoofer Amplifier. Should I be worried that I will be under powering it? If so I will go for the Dayton RSS390HF-4 15" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm. So what do you say?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol can't, parents won't let me because of how much power it takes and I don't wanna pay the electric bill. When I do move out though I will probably got the mal-x 21 just for fun!

·
Registered
177 Posts
What price are you shooting for? IF you want a 15 the Tempest-x Gen II from diycable is in stock and a very well respected sub. Team that up with the PE or o-audio 500w plate amp and you have a very nice sub.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kinda a little to late I already got the Dayton TIT400C-4 15" Titanic Mk III sorry now I just have to choose an amp, I will look up those subs that you suggested though! Thanks!:D and with my budget I have no idea what I am going to spend I am just going to try not to think about it and instead have fun building!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes this is for HT and I don't know how to calculate the box size cause its more gonna be like a horn, and I don't know how to pick the frequency because I don't have the software.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts