Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. This is really puzzling me. I just hooked up my SDX15 for the first time and I have a fairly loud humming sound coming from the subwoofer. Currently, I have the dual 2 ohm voice coils run single 4 ohm. I was not sure which negative and positive to connect to each other (there are two possibilities), so I picked them at random. Anyway, does it matter which way to wire this speaker in a 4 ohm configuration? If I have it backwards, would it cause a humming sound?

I guess this could be a ground loop. I'm not sure what would cause it or how to correct it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the diagram....that is exactly how I have it wired....but you have two options as to how to connect the positive and negative to each other. Does it matter which ones I use?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments Mike....that is what I thought. I must have a ground loop somewhere in my system. I have never had one before. The search begins....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the source of the problem....the hum was coming from my satelite coax cable. I will have to isolate it. Thanks very much for the feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts