Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. Been looking nonstop for 6" form tube. Its next to impossible to find. I have found tons of 8" and up tube, but no 6" =/ , Lowes and Home Depot only carry 8"+.

What if I changed my sub from a 6" diameter port tube to an 8"... would that increase performance and quality?

· Registered
18 Posts
I found mine at a local piping distribution company, that is also a client of mine. Search the yellow pages in your area.

Also search the dumbster at your local mechanical contractors. You might find a section to meet your needs for free.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike, or anyone else, I am now figuring out the best type of wood for my subwoofer. I really don't want to use MDF because of the weight issue.

What kind of alternatives would Cherry, Oak, and Maple wood provide? Thanks

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotcha. I heard that those types of wood resonate n such. The workshop thats going to be used building the subwoofer has tons of that wood laying around. Would I need to add another piece of bracing in the cabinet if I use Oak,Maple, or Cherry plywood?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike -- I know I have been hammering you with questions lately, but I have yet another question... this time about an amp.

I did some searching and found an MCM Electronics 300 Watt Plate Amp for $110 shipped with coupons. I was wondering if it was any good and do just as well as the Bash? If not, I will be more than happy spending another $40 on the Bash 300.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-AUDIO-SELECT-50-6262-/50-6262

There is also a link with the schematics posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.