Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forums. I have a question in regards to correctly setting up my surround sound. I use Sling TV, watch blu rays, etc from Xbox 1 and just want to get surround sound. I have no clue where any of the HDMI cables go to and from where. I guess I'm just asking for step by step where they go to and from. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Here is what I have and ports listed,

Xbox 1- HDMI Out to TV HDMI in from Cab/Sat

TV-HDMI 1 in, HDMI 2, HDMI 3

Receiver-HDMI Out, HDMI in 1, HDMI in 2

·
Registered
42 Posts
You're always going to have trouble installing any system until you understand the basic concept of what you are doing. Think of the signal like water, if you want water to flow out of a container into another one, you would hook a hose or tube to an outflow valve on the full container and to an inlet valve on the empty container for the water to flow. The same concept applies, a signal (water) is in a container (xbox or whatever) and needs to go various places. You simply hook up outputs to inputs on the various devices via tubes (wires). So in your case, the output on the xbox needs to go to the input on the receiver, then the output of the receiver needs to go to the input on the tv for the signal to complete the path. Hope this helps you visualize things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts