Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sanus 15u rack (see pic) that I would like to put in-wall at about 3 feet off the floor. The area behind the wall is unfinished. Any ideas on how best to frame out the opening and elevate it in the unfinished space. I've included a picture of the space with a super imposed image of the rack. I have very basic construction skills.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
If the rack is not designed to be mounted in-wall like this one, I would recommend building a platform behind the wall to set it on. That's probably easier than trying to frame all around it and rigging a way to tie it all together.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
+1, I would also remove the wheels & replace them with some type of solid block. I imagine it will have to be able to slide forward enough for the door to open. And the molding if you choose to frame that around the opening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A pull out rack that slides and rotates is a much better solution for your problem. Custom fitting it sometimes is not the problem but making all the connections and making sure everything stays in place is always better. Also, I highly advise to get a rack that comes with the proper fans to dissipate heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts