Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is william and I just got an Mitsubishi modle# ws65807 and it will not turn on any help would be great thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Well, not much that I can do to help without more information. Does it try to start and shut down? Is it completely dead? What does the LED do? Have you pulled the diagnostic code if it is shutting down? Were there any symptoms before it failed?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got it from a guy that told me all i had to do was replace a capacitor and a diode it would work. but no such luck when i press the power button the led light blinks three times then nothing i can hear something making a noise a couple of times then stops. I also changed a pico fuse that was out if you need more I can pull the board back out.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What fuse did you replace? Replacing fuses without understanding why they blew is a good way to do more damage. They are usually there for a reason. Did it blow again?

You have to approach problems in a systematic manner if you want to figure them out. Randomly replacing parts rarely fixes anything. When simple symptom-repair can fix something, you have to be sure that you have the right sypmtoms and that nothing else is going on.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was fuse f5a01 It did not blow again but nothing changed.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
That fuse is, IIRC, on the B+ line to the horizontal and high voltage outputs. I suggest that if you do not have some TV repair training you leave this to a pro. Troubleshooting these circuits is not recommended for a novice. If the previous owner had an estimate done, a cap and a diode would be a good guess, but there is likely more to it than that if you actually had a shorted diode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts