Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help making decision on screen if I should go with Elite Screens ER120WH1 or ER135WH1. Color of ceiling is Antique White and walls are light brown. Ceiling height is 94 inches and room width is 132 inches. Will be installing cabinets 22 inches high from ground. Is it OK to get 135 Diag. as it will be close to the wall or 120 Diag. screen is a better option? I got Sony VPL-HW55ES and will be installed on ceiling 17.5 Feet away from screen. Will be getting CineWhite screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Center speaker will go in the cabinet which is 22'inch height. I have Bose speakers and they are not that big. Room is 132 inches wide and 135 screen is 123 inches wide so will have at least 4 inches on each side so getting close to the wall but Bose will fit. Will I get reflection from projector light on the side wall if I go that close to the wall. Paint is light brown matt finish. Don't want degraded picture quality as somebody mention don't go too close to the side wall and I am no sure if that is true or not.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Your not going to want to put speakers in a corner like that. Reflections off the side wall will cause all sorts of issues with imaging. How far back will you be sitting from the screen?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
14 to 15 Feet away. Where should I put the front speakers? I was planning on hanging them on the top on each side.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
A120" screen would be plenty big at that distance, that will give you enough room to put the speakers beside the screen, you don't want them up high either they should be at ear level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.