Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm waiting for my SEOS waveguides to get in but I need to get something done. I can't decide on the sub. I want 2 15's in seperate boxes and the max box size is 8 ft3 before driver and bracing. I'm wavering between sealed and ported. The 2 size constraints are max outside height is 28 and depth is 20. I can't decide on the driver either. Max price on the driver is $350 each delivered. Was going to go with the Mach5 15.2 but they are out of stock. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Mike

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
I assume this is for HT? If so, then you might want to consider ported. Your size limits are pretty generous, so you should have good latitude when it comes to port tuning. How big is the room you'll be using these in?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes for HT. Room is vaulted and opens to entire house. I know it sucks. I want to be able to hit low teens. downstairs is about 1300 ft2 so cubic volume is 10,400 ft3. I'm not looking to crack windows but I do want to feel it.:gulp:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I love dual opposed sealed. But thats me. You could go with four Dayton 15's in 5-6cuft each cabinet.

A pair of Fi or Sundown subs would fit the bill also. There are a lot of subwoofers out there in the car audio world so its just a matter of picking one. Fi, SSA JBL Alpine

After reading your post again, if your wanting teens then you should get as much displacement as possible. I would think two 18's is minimum for a big room as yours. Or four 15's would be better.

Usually a 15" with around 20mm Xmax will do. But you may need a few of them.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Just dont expect the Pro Audio to hit teens. AND the AE is not available.:(

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Mach Audio IXL 18.2
http://www.istonline.ca/mach5_ixl_18.html

And in regards to the AE products John, the owner, has a group buy that he is building for and the wait time has been about 7-8months already. SO nothing is available quite yet.:(

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
And in regards to the AE products John, the owner, has a group buy that he is building for and the wait time has been about 7-8months already. SO nothing is available quite yet.:(
Wow, that's a very long time. :yikes: Is this for a new model perhaps? The OP was asking about 15" drivers, so the companies I suggested were for that size. Do you know if AE has this issue all the time?

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
AE has the issue as of now. The group buy was for all drivers from 10-18" The AV got taken off the shelf because of John needing to get these others built.

But you can always try and call him and see what he says. Most people I know love the AE products but a lot of peole have not gotten there product in a ......regular amount of time.

Car audio is still going strong though. No delays.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts