Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks brucek! You're right. It could easily prove to be more of a hassle to program the thing with a midi, especially since Creative's vista support has been so shoddy. Should I go ahead with the buy at $50 + $15 for gas? Or should I wait around and see what I can do with ebay? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Well....I paid aroud 300 USD to have an FBQ2496 at home:wits-end:....So indeed how much will you spare (if ever) from 65 USD??:R

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can check the BFD version by holding in the Filter Select button during power up.

Mine turned out to be v1.3, so it was manual entry for me! Reading the values from REW meant that this was no big deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Bought my BFD today. It was the first time I've been in Cincinnati since we moved up here. It really is much more impressive than Memphis. I swung by Guitar Center on the way home and picked up a 20 ft XLR cable. That store is wack. I was looking for a 5 ft cable, but it was $16. The 20 footer I wound up with was only $10, and it seems like a pretty nice one. Anyway, I got back here and opened it up to see the guts and check the firmware. I was pretty surprised to find that most of the case is just air. My firmware is version 1.1. :) Now I need a midi cable and an SPL meter. I have decided that home theaters and bank accounts are mutually exclusive. I can't wait to get back down to Auburn and set everything up!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts