Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a musician for longer than I care to think about, but I've just started improving my home studio. So I bought new monitors (JBL LSR305), a new interface (steinberg UR44) and a measurement mic (nady CM100).
The thing is, I can't even get a calibration file from the UR44, I think it's beacuse of its mixer settings:

I've tried many things, like this:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

And REW looks like this:

Image3.jpg

But what I get is this:

Image4.jpg

Is there a right way to deal with Steinberg's dsp mixer?

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Marco

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The resulting calibration looks fine, why do you say you can't get a calibration file? It's flat enough that you don't really need it mind, now that you've been able to perform the test and confirm there is no monitoring active.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The resulting calibration looks fine, why do you say you can't get a calibration file? It's flat enough that you don't really need it mind, now that you've been able to perform the test and confirm there is no monitoring active.
Thanks John, nice to meet you! I thought it was useless, it's so... not flat! lol...

I suppose it's a bad interface then.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
No, it's a good interface, the loopback response is just shown on a very magnified scale, 10 times zoomed in on amplitude compared to the normal plots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you mean, “not flat!” :) The graph scale is +/- 3 dB. The measurement is less than 1 db down at 20 Hz, and a mere 2 dB down at 10 Hz. Just how flat do you need it to be? :D

Regards,
Wayne
Yes, I wasn't paying attention to the "y" axis lol.. Thanks!
I was able to get some measurements, would anyone care to comment on them?
Is there a way to have rew running "live" measurements so I can better position my bass traps?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts