Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

After a few month one storage, I've found my 2 tempest X ver. 2008.:daydream:

I have room for the 340L box x 2 in the ht - so that's what i'am going for.:jump:

My ? is, that I have trouble sim'in the driver i both winisp and my Clio/lspcad 6.0.

I have to ports from the local store, with internel dia of 190mm. I will flange both ends. With the tuning of 16 hz, i end up with a portlenth of 110 cm! Seems a little bit of.:scratchhead:

Could someone correct my cal's one this please.

best regards

Peter / Denmark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the quick responds:clap:

I've just punch in the numbers, and it worked. Don't know what i've done wrong, but thx again.

Second ? - I drive the coils i paralel = 4 ohm. Is the 600w total power pr. coil, or 600 w in total = 600 w from amp, and then 300 pr. coil. Can't get the sim right.

thx again

best regards

Peter / Denmark.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again thx. I've now got the time for playing with HT again. Will post a few building pics.

Hmm 300 w pr. coil i'snt much.:no: But as i can see, BR it is the best performence for this driver. Well have [email protected] pr. channel, hope the drivers won't buttom out :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The subs will bottom out in this configuration if they are being used for HT and you'll hear it the first time the subs are asked to produced frequencies below 13 hz. Here's the cone excursion graph of your setup with and without a High Pass Filter (rumble filter) at 14 hz. Both models are with 600 watts input power. The use of a HPF is required to ensure the safety of the subs.

Tempest-X Excursion.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts