Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the pj seen and need some help finding the right screen for a Panny AE4000U.

First of all I am unsure if I should get a 2.35:1 or a 16:9. I will mainly be using this for movies, but will also play games and watch tv im sure. If i went 2.35:1 would I still be able to watch 16:9 content?

I need a pull down screen, my plasma will be my main screen for most tv shows and call of duty sessions. Once a movie is put on I would like the screen to drop in front of the plasma. If I go with an electric does it have to be tab-tension, or will other styles work ok. I have heard that a manual or electric pull down screen can have wrinkles unless it is tab-tension.

My theater area is controlled light(basement) walls are medium to dark and ceiling is black. What screen gain should I be looking for with the setup I have. I would like to try and get as close to the picture on my panny plasma as I can.

I would like to stay in the 500-700 dollar range if possible.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Judging from the performance of my new AE4000 I cant imagine ever needing a gain of more than 1.0!

A 2.35:1 screen is tempting but I think I will stick with 16:9. It depends on the content you want to watch most.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I am new to the pj seen and need some help finding the right screen for a Panny AE4000U.

First of all I am unsure if I should get a 2.35:1 or a 16:9. I will mainly be using this for movies, but will also play games and watch tv im sure. If i went 2.35:1 would I still be able to watch 16:9 content?
Yes. There would be black bars on the sides. And if you went with the 16:9, there would be black bars on the top and bottom for 2.35:1 content

I need a pull down screen, my plasma will be my main screen for most tv shows and call of duty sessions. Once a movie is put on I would like the screen to drop in front of the plasma. If I go with an electric does it have to be tab-tension, or will other styles work ok. I have heard that a manual or electric pull down screen can have wrinkles unless it is tab-tension.
Tab tensioned is the way to go I've heard. :T

My theater area is controlled light(basement) walls are medium to dark and ceiling is black. What screen gain should I be looking for with the setup I have. I would like to try and get as close to the picture on my panny plasma as I can.

I would like to stay in the 500-700 dollar range if possible.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Maybe try for a free one? Our forum sponsor has a lot of different options as well. I'm not sure if you can get an electric in that range though. But I don't keep on all the prices either. :dontknow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts