Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Here is my first post and help would be greatly appreciated,

I need help deciding what will be best for my setup. I will be buying an Onkyo ht-s6100 very shorty and i currently have two tv's in use, a 40" sony bravia and a 32" Vizio. I would like to use the Onkyo only with the Sony tv. I have three things that i would like split between the two tvs.

Xbox 360, Blu ray, and cablevision's io tv.

What I am realy looking for is a 4x2 or 3x2 HDMI splitter that can split good enough audio for 7.1 surround to work on the Sony, and have the tv speakers work on the Vizio. I have been looking at several 4x2's but i hear their reviews and it seems that they do not pass audio.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I'm not sure you could get an HDMI switcher, that carries sound, has 3/4 inputs and 2 outputs. All the ones Ive seen only have a single output. It might be an option to get 2 switches of say 2 in and one out, and just route the devices you want the Onkyo to deal with to that, and connect the Onkyo to the Sony. Then use the other switcher to feed the Vizio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i was thinking Do you think where will be a HDMI splitter that would send 1in to 2out with sound?
Thank you for the response

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Cant you just use component cables to connect the second display? In all reality there is very little difference in picture quality between HDMI and Component even though component is only 1080i you would not see a difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant you just use component cables to connect the second display? In all reality there is very little difference in picture quality between HDMI and Component even though component is only 1080i you would not see a difference.
But then how would i have hdmi going into my onkyo and component of the same device into the second display

Re: Help Please!!
This from monoprice seems to say it'll do "high res audio" but the exact specs sound a little wishywashy... give them details of what you want and see what they say...

Read more: Home Theater Systems - Electronics and Forum - HomeTheaterShack - Reply to Topic http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=209087#ixzz0XhvCNhJS

K thanks i think im going to get the more expensive one of that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts