·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model Code: SP52Q7HRX/AAG
Type No: EX52Q7
June 2004

Hello and greetings from Germany!

I recently purchased a used DLP. After some issues with the convergence I was realyy happy with it. It is Us Spec, so I'm writing in this Forum.

One morning it did not switch on. The (single) LED is flashing until I turn it of. I DO hear the "click" as supposingly the power switches on, but there is no picture.

My guess: The bulb went out.

My problem: I opened the rear cover and see a lot. But no bulb.....

What I tried: Google -no result
Samsung - no answer
Download the manual - worked, but no info in there, not even on the color code.

So I hope that someone can tell me something about my DLP. I could not even find technical specs on the unit online. I am not new to the internet or to doing research but this one makes pull out my hair!

To just call in a TV tech is pretty much useless since DLPs are somewhat rare over here.

Well thank you for any help, comments or insults that may come ;-)

Ray

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This is not a DLP set. It is a CRT RPTV, from what I can tell. If you had a convergence problem it could not be a DLP, as there is no way to get misconvergence on a DLP. Most likely the set is in shutdown due to an overcurrent or supply voltage on one of the regulators is low. Could be a short in the convergence circuit or any number of other things. This will need some troubleshooting...

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Help: Samsung SP-52Q7HR

Oh ha! See, that might explain why I did not find the bulb ;-) And the heavy weight of the unit....
So what you are saying is to get an able man with a lot of tools in my house and have him fix it?

One more thing regarding the convergence: It "forgot" its settings every time after going to standby. So the corners where not matching up red/blue to the green. Also the whole picture was somewhat "asymetric" on the sides, forming bows instead of lines. Not too bad, just noticed.

I know, without seeing it no one can diagnose, but I paid $300 for it. From what I read on here, a repair usually runs more? I think up to this point I always fixed stuff myself, but TV's is just another world....

Thank you already!

edit: Samsung has listed it under DLP not under RearProjection CRT fyi. Gosh, I am moving this weekend. Take it or trash it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts