Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Samsung HT-Z515T home theater this past weekend. I am installing it with a Samsung HP-S4253 Plasma TV. I am using Directv hd-h20.
I can't figure out how to wire it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other thing that I noticed last night. Both the Directv box and the DVD player that came with the home theater system has a optical port.
Will I be using it for anything?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I work at a shop that does 12volt installs. I had a order coming in today and the place I order our stereos and remote starts from does a little home stuff. I had them to put me a couple HDMI's and a optical cable in with our order. I'll have them whenever Fedx gets here.
Have you had time to figure out how I should hook this thing up?

I did notice last night that the TV has 2 - HDMI inputs on it. Do you think one would be for the Directv box and one for the DVD player?

I would like to be able to listen to television shows as well as movies with the home theater.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is only 1 HDMI port on the back of the DVD player. It is labeled HDMI OUT.

There is a AUX IN jacks on the back of the DVD player.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm at work now but I went on the internet and printed off a picture of what the rear of my equipment looks like.
The Directv HD-H20 has 1 S-video out, 1 component out, 1 video out, audio out, digital audio out (optical), 1 HDMI

The Samsung DVD player/Amp has 1 video output jack, aux in 2 jacks, component video output jacks,
external digital optical input jack, 1 HDMI out jack

I know the TV has 2 HDMI inputs, S-video and RCA's

Hope this helps you help me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got everything hooked up last night and it sounds great.
I do have 1 more question though. The rear speakers are wireless. The wireless module has a on/off switch on it. Would it be ok to leave it on all the time or should I just turn it on when I'm watching a movie/TV?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts