1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey~
my room dimension is about 4m*8m.
My favorite HT/music is 80:20
I considers that I build 2 subs contains 15" driver and place 2 subs beside the sofar for balance.

I hope I can do a seal box,because it is easier than port.:scratch:

I have used unibox to calculate box volume. but now I need to decide the driver.
I can not accept that 1 sub size like a refrigerator, Even if that have good
frequency extension. I like moderate size.

I have read htguide subwoofer showcase,but I do not know which is good for HT.

how about sound splinter? for HT

My budget is about $200~350/1driver
everyone have any suggest?:D

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Just a quick FYI, you cant really get the final cabinet size set until you know which driver your going to use. Many 15" drivers will work in a similar sized cabinet, but there are variations. The drivers I use work well in a cabinet from about 75 to 120 litres, but if size is going to be a real concern, they do a variation on the model that works very well in an enclosure half the size, but it is at a cost of 2-3db in the sub 20hz regions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reply:sn:
Maximun outside volume I can accept is 215L(7.628ft3)
Many people recommend AESpeakers AV15-H and Tempest - X2 (out of stock).
I do not know which is better.

another question
how to decide box dimension?If I know net box volume.Have any rule about chocie box dimensions(width, depth, height)? or I can decide dimension randomly?

about power amp
plate amp and pro audio power amp, which is better?
my budget is about $250~400.pro audio amp is suit this budget(stereo 1000W).but I doubt it's voice quality.:scratch:

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
This is the best I can come up with what is currently available. The AV15-H in a 24" cube with 2 Exodus 15" passive radiators.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=685

With shipping costs it may be pushing your budget a bit.

ae15h.JPG

Here is a box design, disregard the square cut out as that is for a plate amp. A pro amp like the EP4000 would be a better amp for 2 of these subs. You would also need a hi-pass filter like the Reckhorn B1.

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=B-1

box.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am really exciting!!!!:yikes:
thank you very much!!!

can it PK out SVS PB13?!:boxer::boxer::boxer::boxer:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Shackster, also consider the AE AV15X driver. In a box of 6.5-7.0cf with PR's, it might be a better option than the AV15H driver which does very well in smaller enclosures. The H driver is a bit better for the low bass and the X model a bit better for the mid-bass. I'm using the X model in a 7cf box with 18" PR's and it has impressive performance. I also believe this sub with either the X or H driver in a 6-7cf PR box with some 1,000watts of power behind it will beat the Ultra 13 with no problem for the mid-bass (50hz-100hz). The low bass performance (below 30hz or so) should be very close between the two.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts