Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WS-55511 was watching and all of a sudden the top half of he screen ghosts. Is this a symptom of the convergence IC I have been seeing discussed a lot?
IMG_0570.jpg

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It is a bit unusual, but yes, likely an IC. Some problems go back to the convergence generator, but the first step is to change the IC if you cannot adjust it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
first step is to change the IC if you cannot adjust it.
I am able to move the red and blue andjustment lines, but as you can see the green is curved upward on the sides. If I am able to make adjustments does this mean that it is not the IC and possibly something else?

Pulled main chassis to do a visual inspection...everything looked good other than the wife obviously does not know how to dust in there...what a slacker. With the TV on thought I would push on the IC heat sink gently to see if maybe the solder joints are loose and presto TV goes off. TV now will turn on and instantly off. Does this help narrow down the problem...bad IC and check fuses/resistors?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you have normal range of adjustment in all three colors, you may have corrupt data. The only way to resolve that is to start from scratch, align the green geometry, and match the red and blue to the green.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the TV on thought I would push on the IC heat sink gently to see if maybe the solder joints are loose and presto TV goes off. TV now will turn on and instantly off.
:duh:Am I just making matters worse or did I maybe help myself a little. In a side note after it turns off the light does not flash. Error code is 12 normal operation

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If it shuts off it should give a different error code. My first guess would be that you cracked another connection, blew the output amp, and a fuse in the PS opened. This would give you a 2-2 error, however. Perhaps you have a problem with the front panel control switches. Try unplugging the control panel and turn it on with the remote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts