Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally in my room was wondering if anybody has any idea what could be done to improve the peak I've got. I've got the room trapped and positioned but no matter what I do I can't seem to improve this peak. These are for a recording studio environment and the dimensions are 23 by 34 with an 8 foot ceiling.

I'm extremely happy with how it sounds. Thanks to the RTA feature in REW. It has taken me hours and hours but it sounds really good and the graph isn't that bad, but I just want to see if I can get it better.

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've repositioned my system to a corner and the response has improved the peak at 130. Do you think these graphs look better than the previous ones? I know this isn't the place normally to put speakers but the graph does appear better except for the dips below 60 hz. The speakers only go to 42 hz as per the manufacturer.

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It doesn't sound too bright. Do you think I should be concerned with the ringing in the water fall graph, though? The waterfall looked better when the desk was in the middle of the room. Most of the ringing was gone below 40 hz. Not so, in it's present position in the corner. Kind of strange that there are even frequency's registering that low since the speakers roll off at 42 hz. What do you guys think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts