Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I've spent lots of time trying to figure out these problems, and have repeated every step in the AustinJerry guide about 5 times now. Regardless, I'm still having 2 show-stopping issues with REW:

1. REW only shows 2 channels in the Output drop down (HD Audio Output 1 & 2). I've set up the proper surround settings (5.1) in the Sounds section, and both receiver/sc and microphone are listed as 'Active' in Asio4All.

Additionally, I'm able to successfully play Netflix/Youtube/whatever videos in full surround from my laptop and get sound through all of the HT speakers.

2. If I try to do a sweep in REW using HD Audio Output 1, only my PC speaker plays..... no sound at all through the front left speaker.

Obviously I'm missing something here.... Can the guru's please point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
363 Posts
As John asks, check if the Asio4all panel shows not only a white a little square box beside the soundcard name and the mic name but also a white triangle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoot I should have taken a screenshot of that! I'll get a screenshot when I get home tonight and post accordingly.

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I have some screen shots to show my settings as best as possible. Sorry for not including these the first time around. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it! Hopefully it's a simple fix due to me being a bonehead :bigsmile:

If I hit 'Test' in the configure screen a test tone successfully plays out of each HT speaker:

This shows the drop-down menu as listing only left and right front speakers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to add some additional information that might be helpful for troubleshooting.

Receiver = Denon 4520CI
Connection method: HDMI
* Receiver display shows 'MULTI CH IN' when laptop is connected via HDMI

Laptop = Dell Latitude E7450; Windows 7, Realtek HD Audio soundcard, Intel HD Graphics 5500 onboard video, Core i7-5600U CPU
* Audio and video updated to latest driver version available

Please let me know if there's any more info that would be helpful to you!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I recently had something like the same issue.
1-I uninstalled everything (asio and rew)
2-reboot
3-Cancelled or stop firewall, antivirus etc
4- download REW 5.14
5 -Dowload Asio4all
6-make sure that antivirus etc are ON.
7-executed first Asio4all and second Rew
8- reboot
9-plug the mic plug the hdmi
10-followed every step in the Guide AustinJerry
open Rew.
It works.

The only issue I have is that my receiver menu mutes the output and when I return to Rew to make a measurements after having changed a setting in the receiver, no sound from the channel choosen before the change. I must to choose a new channel (1.2) and then I got sound for all the channels I want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pleased to say it's now working! Thanks again for your insight FargateOne!

I ended up reinstalling my drivers, then messed around in Asio4All. This is what I found, that I did not have the correct WDM Device enabled/active. Once I activated 'Intel Display Audio' - BINGO, everything was working:

Did a quick sweep for my subwoofers without any tuning and came up with this. Lots of EQ work to do but interesting nonetheless:

Now it's time to get to work! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts