Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking into building 2 passive radiator type subs. I've only ever delt with llt's before and don't really know anything about passive slap designs. I have to get the drivers and passive's of the site solen.ca. I'm thinking of going with dayton Rf hf and the dayton passive's. I have a dayton spa500 I don't use any more and was going to power them with it.

So basically could you help me with a box design?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
I'n not sure what driver is a dayton Rf hf, can you post the model number please.

If you want to power both subs with a Dayton SPA500 then your driver choice needs to allow for both subs being wired for a 4 ohm load to get the most out of the amp. The other option is an 8 ohm load which will reduce the amp power to 250 watts.

How much are you willing to spend on drivers and passive radiators?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
To get thew most output from the Dayton DVC310-PR's, RSS315HFA-8, and SPA500 combination, you are looking at a net volume of 5 cu.ft. tuned to 20 hz.

Yellow is a single sub with 250 watts, green would be the output of both subs.

If a net volume of 5 cu.ft. is too big we can go smaller.

The DVC310-PR's are no longer available from Dayton and Solen has 4 left.

315-8.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I forgot to mention I'm not looking for 20 Hz extension with these. I would mainly be using them for music and watching tv, I have 2 15 inch titanics for movies in another room.

Also it may be a while before I can buy all of this so I think solen may sell those passive's before I can get my hands on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok well I think I might just go with one sub for right now and get the 4 Ohm dayton with the CSS PR'S. But would the spa 500 be to much for just the one sub?

If I decide to build another on later on I also have a spare crown xls 2500 I could power both with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts