Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a aYamaha Rx-A1000 receiver and Infinity 362 floor standing speakers and a large center Infinity Speaker and have Infinity 262 Floor speakers for the surrounds and a large infinity back speaker. For the sub i have a Infinity 10 inch 400 watt sub. Im trying to set it up correctly with the right crossovers and also the right sound adjustments. I could use any tips and a step by step way to correctly do it right. Also, can you add extra amp for additional power. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
I have a aYamaha Rx-A1000 receiver and Infinity 362 floor standing speakers and a large center Infinity Speaker and have Infinity 262 Floor speakers for the surrounds and a large infinity back speaker. For the sub i have a Infinity 10 inch 400 watt sub. Im trying to set it up correctly with the right crossovers and also the right sound adjustments. I could use any tips and a step by step way to correctly do it right. Also, can you add extra amp for additional power. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Hello,
I personally use an 80hz Crossover for all channels. The Primus's are excellent Speakers, but they are a somewhat difficult Speaker to drive. Using an 80hz XO would take some pressure off the Yamaha as the lower octaves are where almost all speakers present their most challenging load.

You can add an Outboard Amplifier for 7 Channels should you wish and of course any number in between. If you do not have an SPL Meter, I would also recommending getting one to make sure that all Speakers are Level Matched to 75db's. I always Level Match after running Room EQ which in your case would be Yamaha's proprietary YPAO. However, I am guessing it set at least the 362's far lower than 80hz and again I think setting all channels to 80hz is the way to go with your AVR/Speaker combination.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
395 Posts
JJ has given you good advise. I'm not familiar with your speakers, but if you have a sub, let it do the low freq work( or at least most of it). You can access the crossover in your receiver through a set up menu of some sort(I use Onkyo but Yamaha will be similar). Look for a speaker set up menu and it should let you adjust the XO ( cross over) to whatever you want to a certain extent. My understanding of how this works is the crossover is where the receiver decides to send certain sound freq to the mains and the surrounds, and certain sound freq to the sub channel. In this case JJ suggests that be 80hz. I would agree with that level. Everything above goes to the speakers, everything below goes to the sub.
Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts