Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for this newbie question. Can someone please tell me definitively if the Marantz SR7012 has the ability to assign 8 of its 9 internal amplifiers to 4 surrounds and four height channels? I am upgrading to Dolby Atmos and will utilize a 7.2.4 configuration. I own an Emotiva XPA-3 which will drive my LCR and I would like the Marantz to drive the remaining channels. I scoured thru the owners manual on Marantz's website and could not find the answer. The SR8012 is an option but leaves me with nothing to do with my Emotiva which I really like not to mention the extra $800 for the SR8012. Of course, I could always use the Emotiva to drive some of the surrounds or height channels if the amps are fixed for the LCR in the SR7012 but that would really be a waste of the Emotiva. Another option would be to buy the SR8012 and use the Emotiva to drive the LCR. Spending $3000 on that behemoth and then bypassing those amps also seems like a waste. Any advice, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts