Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some mineral wool on sale at menards. Is this stuff good for the ceiling to reduce sound. Or is there a specific kind or brand needed for the ceiling to deaden sound. In other words is all mineral wool the same. I have read that roxul is good, but probably too expensive. Also, I have read that this stuff does not burn. If that is the case can i install next to recessed can lights that are not rated to be next to insulation.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get back to you on the brand, model and density when i go back there tomorrow. I will leave at least 4 inches between the lights and the mineral wool. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It sounds like you really know your stuff! Great! I got the info. Johnsmanville Minwool-1200. They also told me they had something called Homastote board and that sounds like the owens corning 703 insulation that i am going to use for my acoustic panels. How do you think the Homastote compares to OC703

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.