Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SA1000 driving an SDX15 in a 6.5 cu ft slot port. I need a liitle guidance on the settings for the amp, having never owned a separate amp for a sub. I have it connected via the sub out on my yamaha RXV559 to the line inputs on the amp. Where I get lost is integrating to the rest of my system. I have the settings ie: phase = 0, frequency = 1 setting below 105, gain = 5. On the EQ - frequency = 18, bandwidth 0.5, level = 0.
On the Yamaha: phase = NML, crossover 80hz, bass out = subwoofer, HP LFE = -10 db (middle setting) SP LFE = -10 db (middle setting)
Mains and surrounds and center are set to small.
Now it sounds good, I watched Star Trek on Saturday night, and it goes really low, in fact I FELT some frequencies through my sofa!
My question is, given the current settings, how do I tweak this? What adjustments will give me more output.
Hope this makes sense:dontknow:

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Have you level matched all of your speakers including your subwoofer? While you can raise the output of your subwoofer via the channel level on your Yamaha or increase the level on the amplifier, you should ideally make sure all your channels match for the best HT experience.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts