Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building a threeway crossover with 600watt input at 8ohms

my design to be as followed ( woofer input a 4ohms ) ( mids input at 4ohms ) ( highs input at 8ohms )

my intended crossover at 750hz an 6690hz

my driver selection is two B&C 10PLB76 10IN WOOFERS & TWO PRV Audio WG275Ph 1" Midrange 8 Ohm & ONE Visaton HTH 8.7 Horn 8 Ohm

to achieve this can i stack my capacitor in the prefured config

i need a capacitor at 37.5uf by stacking a

1.50μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor an a 36.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor
___

an one capacitor at 4.2uf by stacking two 1.10μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor an two 1.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized
Polypropylene Film Capacitor

__

an one capacitor at 2.1uf by stacking one 1.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor an one 1.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized

___

id like to add 9db of attenuation to both my mids an my tweeter

but i dont know how to do that can anyone sudjest which parts from www.erseaudio.com id need

an were an how to place them in my crossover

·
Registered
21 Posts
You really need to jump into the XSim thread over at DIYaudio.com to do this right.

There you will learn that measurements of your actual speakers are a necessary first step.

Online calculators are of academic value only.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You did not say what amp you have.
Why not get another one, you don't need a very powerful one for the mids/tops.(I use a Dynaco 80)
Then use an active crossover between the woofers and the mid/tops, they are inexpensive.
I am so happy that I did it that way.
Plus you will only need a simple XO for the horn that way.

Rumble

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
Why don't you just buy a active crossover...then you can just dial in your crossover with measurements from REW?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
im building a threeway crossover with 600watt input at 8ohms

my design to be as followed ( woofer input a 4ohms ) ( mids input at 4ohms ) ( highs input at 8ohms )

my intended crossover at 750hz an 6690hz

my driver selection is two B&C 10PLB76 10IN WOOFERS & TWO PRV Audio WG275Ph 1" Midrange 8 Ohm & ONE Visaton HTH 8.7 Horn 8 Ohm

to achieve this can i stack my capacitor in the prefured config

i need a capacitor at 37.5uf by stacking a

1.50μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor an a 36.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor
___

an one capacitor at 4.2uf by stacking two 1.10μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor an two 1.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized

__

an one capacitor at 2.1uf by stacking one 1.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor an one 1.0μF 250v PulseX - Metallized

___

id like to add 9db of attenuation to both my mids an my tweeter

but i dont know how to do that can anyone sudjest which parts from www.erseaudio.com id need

an were an how to place them in my crossover View attachment 174020
Attenuation would be achieved with resistors, a combination of series and parallel resistance, know as a L-pad. Just because a woofer or tweeter is rated at 4 or 8 Ohms, that doesn't mean the actual impedance at the selected crossover point is going to be exactly 4 or 8 Ohms. To do this correctly you need actual frequency and impedance measurements, .FRD and .ZMA files.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts