·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For what it's worth I did read another thread here that talked about a box for this sub but after reading it I think it was given up on. Maybe I would be better off with a sealed box for this sub?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Further down the page on that link you supplied on the Specifications tab, they suggest a 1.5 cu.ft box tuned to 30hz.

You could use boxnotes to chose the shape you want and print out your cutlist.
I would use a pair of PSP flared 4 inch ports.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Further down the page on that link you supplied on the Specifications tab, they suggest a 1.5 cu.ft box tuned to 30hz.
I beleive those recommendations are for car audio use.

tcarcio, there are problems when modeling some E.D. subs and this is one of them. E.D. has been silent on this issue. As for what box size and tuning, I suggest you ask on the E.D. home audio forum and see what they say.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Do a search on the forum for 13Ov.2.

In one thread a dual 13Ov.2 size was recoomended by E.D. as 5 cu.ft. tuned to 22 hz. That would make a single 2.5 cu.ft. The low end output of such a box and tuning would be medicore at best for HT compared to other subs.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's, I guess I made a mistake on buying this sub. I got it on the Sounddot site for 80 bucks so at least I didn't pay full price. I will probably wait and sell it and put the money towards a better sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts