Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
VERY bright, VERY sharp, beautiful colors, and I haven't even run the calibration on this one yet.
Steve, it's good to hear that everything turned out well. Enjoy your new ''toy''!!!:T

It's pointless to run the calibration disc and do some adjustments in the first 50 hours (except brightness and contrast levels of course...) due to lamp's unstable temperature behaviour. After 50 or 60 hours, you 're good to go calibrating!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks, ALMFamily.

Yiannis -- I had no idea that calibration is best done after 50-60 hours...thanks for that info! I'll hold off for a bit...

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK, so you both say do black and white levels now, and then a full calibration later...will do.

Thanks, gents!

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ALMFamily -- I'd be glad to post some pics -- are you meaning just general pics of the theater? What is the appropriate forum to make that kind of post in?

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
OK, lemme get some good ones taken, and I'll post them.

Can anyone give me any advice about the best way to photograph images on the screen? I'm not much of a photographer, but my wife does have a nice DSLR camera so it should be possible to do...any advice as to what settings/mode to use, in a totally dark room but with a picture displayed on the screen, which would give me a nice shot?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
OK, lemme get some good ones taken, and I'll post them.

Can anyone give me any advice about the best way to photograph images on the screen? I'm not much of a photographer, but my wife does have a nice DSLR camera so it should be possible to do...any advice as to what settings/mode to use, in a totally dark room but with a picture displayed on the screen, which would give me a nice shot?

Thanks,

Steve
Try to fill the camera frame with the image either by camera placement or using the zoom lens, just have the thinnest black line around the image to show it's the whole image. Use still frames so the image isn't blurred. Use a tripod to support the camera, and it also helps to use the self-timer (2 second mode if you have one) so you trip the camera shutter and have your hands off the camera when the photo is taken (which can blur the image too). It's usually best to leave all camera settings on Auto. Any other setting are usually camera-specific to fix things like photo color-over-saturation or photo graininess. With a good DSLR I doubt those will be a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OK, all, I took a few pics. I didn't use "night mode," (didn't see your post ALM until I already took the pics), but followed Don's suggestions (with no flash).

I'll start a thread over at the "finished room photos" forum, in a couple of minutes...

Steve

21 - 39 of 39 Posts