Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a sonotube build with the 18" Mal X. I want to tune it somewhere around 17 or 18hz. I am going to use 24" sonotube and an 8" sonotube for the port. Could someone help me design this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will run it with a behringer ep2500 and use a reckhorn for subsonic.

On the build you have the sub you chose was an 18" tc sounds 18LMS 5400.... I am going to use an 18" Maelstrom X

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Not telling you to mimic me, but I'm building a similar sub. If you go with a bit more volume you might not need the reckhorn, but can purchase a bfd instead (if money is tight). I'm trying to play around to see if I can fit it in my truck when completed (for moving ease in the future) by keeping it at 6' total, or just make it so the tube is ~6' for a total height near 7'. I'll be seeing what you do. I just email DIY to find out depth as the shorter sub is flagging the display warning in sonosub.exe for a space infraction (just an 1" or so!) I'm looking to see if I should just get a smaller port tube which would shorten it sufficiently. :scratchhead: Port vel goes from 33 to 36.5m/s (@1500W!), so I think I'll do that as long as 6" is enough clearance from baseplate to sub (sonosub.exe has it near the minimum), otherwise, back to number tinkering :dumbcrazy:

edit: Kevin replied and said it is about 11" deep, so add a couple inches for pole vent clearance. Flush mounting requires 3/4" depth and the cutout diameter is 17". He said 8" would be adequate for clearance between the driver and port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts