Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

I am unable to configure REW with my USB MOTU 4Pre sound card. I am working with Windows 10 and latest drivers.

The problem is that I need two outputs on the device - one for actual playback and one for loopback - but the 4Pre is only playing the Left channel of the Main output. In fact it seems that only channel 1 of each input/output is working, selecting channel 2 has no effect.

I am attaching a picture of my configuration, the IN channel actually works, I get signal if I clap my hands.

I believe someone else on this forum has mentioned 'difficulties' with the 4Pre but did not go down into details on how to overcome them.

Any help please?

Thank you!
Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi there

I think I may have sorted that out but I am not sure how.

I have set the generator to output on both channels and that worked. Now the 4Pre is outputting both channels... even though I deselect the option to have noise on both channels!

I am not sure what's going on here...

Attachments

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Just letting you know your needs are not being ignored. I have not experience with MOTU or Win10 audio (still on Win7). Not surprised that the config results are elusive and a little unpredictable, that seems to be the nature of Windows audio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

No worries, I know that Forums are not support lines!

To be honest I believe I have experienced similar problems with other software and the 4Pre but so far the behaviour seen with REW seems to be a tad more major. The 4Pre is a great device and it is the one I use with my calibrated RTA system so I'd like to keep using it.
It seems to work now - i have tried swapping the cables and to analyse the card itself and it reads perfect response and perfect phase so I should be on the right page now, despite the "wrong" input being selected.

If a developer would like to investigate furter, I am available to supply any information may be required.

Thanks AudiocRaver for your input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts