Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the picture on my Optoma HD80 and I am looking for advice before I go to customer service (I hope I am still in warranty, it is just over a year old)

When I use the HDMI input the picture is choppy (see attachment).

I tried multiple sources and a different cable with no luck. I took the Cable box and the HDMI cable that are working fine on my new Sharp TV and the problem still exists on the Optoma.

If I use the compnent cables on the Optoma I don't seem to have the problem.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
I am having a problem with the picture on my Optoma HD80 and I am looking for advice before I go to customer service (I hope I am still in warranty, it is just over a year old)

When I use the HDMI input the picture is choppy (see attachment).
IMHO you have already done the practical troubleshooting with trying different HDMI cables and sources. Looks to me to be some sort of failure in the digital circuitry. Warranty work is indicated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might need a firmware update. Are you running a 1.3a version cable ? Do you have a Passive repeater in between your source and display ?

Looks like TMDS locking problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might need a firmware update. Are you running a 1.3a version cable ? Do you have a Passive repeater in between your source and display ?

Looks like TMDS locking problem.
I'm a little embarssed to say this but I called for warranty service and they told me to unplug the unit for a minute or so then plug it back in and try it again. That solved the problem.

Can't believe I went switching cables and DVD players and never tried to unplug it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts