Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a new member - first post, so sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question. I am in the process of finishing my basement and need help with the paint type and color to paint the wall that I will be projecting on. The following is my projector:

- InFocus IN3118HD
- 3000 - 3600 lumens
- 16.7 million colors
- 3000:1 contrast

The following are the details on my basement:

- the wall is now primed in bright-white primer
- the surrounding walls are medium brown
- the ceiling is bright white
- the floor will be covered in carpet (probably a tan color)

From some research I have done, it appears that a light gray paint may be the correct answer??? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
light grey will be fine. with the contrast on that thing you might do well with Black Widow. but a light grey would do really well too

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Hi kkmzka,

You are using a conference room PJ as a home theater PJ, which can be done; but I think you will want to use a fairly dark gray paint to make your screen. Unless your screen is going to be larger than 150" inches diagonal in a 16:9 aspect ratio I think the lightest you would want to go would be a flat or matte finish paint tinted to match Glidden 'Veil'. This would both cut down on the brightness of your image (which would be way too bright with a white screen) and increase image contrast at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts