Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a quick question. I have an Onkyo 608 receiver that I run everything through. My dvd player can stream pandora, and I do this. Can I get the receiver to play audio through my zone 2 speakers? So far I cannot do this. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack :) Are you saying your player doesnt give you sound when you select dvd as your zone 2 source? Do other sources work in zone 2, like maybe fm tuner? You shouldnt have to but you might need an additional audio connection, the red and white analog audio connection also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ipod and fm tuner will play through zone 2, but the dvd plyer or tv do not play in zone 2. Is there a setting I can choose to enable this or another cable to use like you were saying? thanks man.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Digital sources wont play through zones unless you have run an analog connection to the receiver as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so I need to run an analog cable (red and white) from each piece (blueray player and by television) to zone 2? I am not even sure there is space in the back of the receiver to do so. How would I do that?

thanks

Jason

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, there should be analog inputs on the back of the receiver for each input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts