Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Id like to have my theater room lighting controlled via the remote control. I'm currently building my theater so its a good time to install all the components. Can someone point me in the direction of how this is done? I would like one universal remote for everything in my home theater.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
If you want something simple and relatively inexpensive,all you need is a universal remote from one of the Harmony RC range and you just program your dimming controller into it..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I will check those options.
I came across some devices that use z-wave but they seem more complicated to integrate into a HT with an ir remote.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used the maestro as well. The only thing I did that you might want to do now during construction was that I ran a IR blaster from my RF remote all the way to the switch box. Used speaker cable to make it longer. I agree, z wave looked like Z problems

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I am using the Lutron Maestro with excellent results. I programmed my universal remote to operate it.
I am using that as well with incandescent can lights. I programmed my Harmony 900 using the Lutron remote and it works flawlessly.

My only complaint is that there is no way to have independent control of my 3 dimmers. I had that with my old X10 system, but got tired of the communication problems with X10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts