Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
Glad to hear you're making progress. :T

So next question after you take a measure how do you know what to adjust and by how much on a dsp? For me it is going to be on the Inuke nu3000dsp.
You’ll have to use REW’s generic EQ setting for that one. It’s going to be trial-and-error, though – measure, EQ, measure tweak EQ, etc.

Also can the window be resized when I ran the measurement it was all pretty much squeezed together.
I’d have to see a .jpg of the graph to know what you’re talking about.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is my first measurement pretty blah. I tried smoothing according to Donny at AVS the db level should be between 80 and 100 mine was 75 back to the drawing board.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Okay if the level is fine just do what the guide says correct? I guess my next question when I apply smoothing what is the preferred there are several to choose from?:T:T The last question considering I have a peak around 70hz is that just the way my room harmonics are and I would imagine once I get a second sub that should come down a bit. Hate to be a pain but doing the target level, it should be approx. between the peaks and the nulls correct and the target range do I have to set it or let REW set it? Finally doing better I am on the right path if I can stumble my way thru the hard way of setting this up once I get the mic I will use my son's laptop and do it the easy way.
Thanks again.
Norman

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
I guess my next question when I apply smoothing what is the preferred there are several to choose from?
Depends on what you’re measuring and what you want to see. For sub-specific graphs, no smoothing is preferable. For full range graphs, 1/3 or 1/6-octave smoothing will eliminate the comb filtering and get you a graph that better resembles what you’re actually hearing. These are the best graphs as well for manually applying equalizing to the main speakers. Unsmoothed graphs showing all the comb filtering can give you an idea of how “live” your room is. “Before” and “after” measurements could give an idea of how effective room-dampening acoustical treatments are (although other acoustics-specific measurements are probably more helpful with this).

The last question considering I have a peak around 70hz is that just the way my room harmonics are and I would imagine once I get a second sub that should come down a bit.
The peak is a mode, and it’s a function of the size of your room and the location of the sub. Adding a sub in a second location could indeed mask the mode, but might introduce new ones. Measurement is the only way to know for sure what's going on.

Hate to be a pain but doing the target level, it should be approx. between the peaks and the nulls correct and the target range do I have to set it or let REW set it?
Yes, it’s a good idea to move the Target to a good half-way point between the peaks and nulls before having REW run its auto-filtering function, or for the sake of applying manual equalization.

Thanks again.
Happy to help we’re here to serve. :)

Regards,
Wayne

21 - 25 of 25 Posts