Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys help be build the best sonosub for my Q15. Willd over at avsforum come up with these # http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=728542 I just want the best form this sub. Not looking for SPL. Just the low bass that you can feel. Don't want it to bottom out. If you guys think these numbers are good....hopefully this weekend I can start on it. Here the T/S parameters.

Re 2.8Ohms per coil (5.6 in series)
Fs 22.9 Hz
Qms 5.34
Qes .46
Qts .41
Mms 270 g
Vas 164.1 l
Sd 810cm^2
Bl 21.86 N/A
Spl 88.2 1W/1m

Thanks Soloxp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Starting to build sonosub for my Ficaraudio Q15

Can anyone help me out on this. Should I do 300 or 340 Liters or should I go bigger or smaller.

Thanks Soloxp

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

Either 300L or 340L tuned to 15hz looks awesome with up to about 800 watts of input power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks Exocer. I just wanted to be sure that this would be a good setup. Now I feel good. Hopefully in two weeks i'll have it done and post pic's. I only have time on the weekend to work on it.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

Nice, can't wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
5 Posts

What I did was to cut a long tube in half then make one about 200L and the other 400L and play them both in an A/B comparison, and then tweaked it until I got the sound I liked. You’d be surprised how much different the bass can sound in different sized enclosures and none of the WinISD modeling revealed this. If your really serious about any speaker project always make two or more prototypes and listen to them, I never build anything without several prototypes and it has served me well.

My Sonosub project

http://kingdaddy.linaeum.com/Sonosub/

·
Registered
62 Posts

THANKS A LOT KINGDADDY!!!
Just finished my 300L Sono.Took months.
Mine looks like a 1940's war torn Jeep compared to your Hummer.
Great job. Need more info on port as to sound changes.
The best I do is an easy changeable port length, and sealed which is good for late night listening. Cannot wait to do some TrueRTA testing.
Zene

·
Registered
104 Posts

Wow... that is one **** of a build. Absolutely amazed by the craftsmanship for both the sub and the MTMs.

Zene... are you using an aeroport with yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts