Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I am trying to build a MMTMM or quad center speaker. I have searched all over the web and got the parts that I need. Granted this is not going to be an center I just want something Unique better than the Sony center my gal got a while back.

So My question is in the crude drawing I have attached But I will ask it again. Or more like a series of questions

1. If I have 4 speakers wired in series/parallel and the final is 8 ohms. Will adding an 8ohm tweeter mess it up?

2. Is the sketch correct on how to wire the Tweeter and speakers?

3. How big of a box should I build for this? going from the data sheet it says .31 cubic ft for one. Do I multiply this 4 times since I will have for speakers? or do I multiply the specs 3 time and input that information in a box calculator and then go from there?

I can only build a box this big in order to fit in my tv stand. 40"W x 6"H x 13"D which give me a box of 1.8 cubit ft.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh great yeah thanks I wanted to post some links as well as for a kit in a box :) but I could not since I am a noob here and need 5 post. Sweet I found my answer by searching a little harder.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yeah very good advice although i decided to go a different route, same principle just different write from another speaker kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts